Montanuniversität Leoben has partnership agreements with many universities all over the world. If you want to spend an exchange semester in Leoben, please contact the international exchange office at your home university.
Applications for an exchange semester must be approved and submitted by your home university. The application will be sent to the Montanuniversität International Relations Office (MIRO). If it is approved, you will receive further information from MIRO.
- The international office at our university (MIRO) offers assistance in finding accommodation.
- Make sure not to arrive on weekends or after office hours because then, you won't be able to move in.
- Check whether your personal insurance is valid in Austria or not. If not, you will have to contract an Austrian one (approx. 56 €/month).
- Costs of living: approx. 800 €/month.
- If you intend to do a lot of traveling, it is recomendable to buy the ÖBB Vorteilkarte, that allows you to travel half price by train all over Austria.
Contact person at MIRO
International Student Coordinator at DPE
Mag.phil. Cornelia Praschag
Does the university provide accommodation?
This is not the case, but Montanuniversität Leoben provides a list of student dormitories such as:
- Facebook Group Wohnungen/WG Leoben (flats and shared apartments in Leoben)
- OeAD Guesthouse MINEROOM
- ÖH Leoben
How much is the cost of living in Leoben?
A student needs about 800€ per month, depending on personal demands.
Does the university offer any language learning programs for a non-German speaking student? If so, are they free of charge?
Where can I find information regarding Austrian health insurance, procedure, and costs?
Please visit the insurance section of OeAD's website.
Can I transfer credits from another university?
Yes, you can. This will be decided by the curricular commission.
What are the average prices for a room in a shared flat?
It depends on the size, zone, and other factors. But in general, prices range between 220 and 350€.
More questions? Ask International Student Coordinator Cornelia Praschag!