The Bachelor’s Thesis is an integral part to finish the BSc program successfully, as well as an excellent preparation for future scientific papers.
The research topics can cover wide range, from literature study via simulation to laboratory experiments. Since the Bachelor’s Thesis should also be a preparation for further scientific work which will be conducted autonomously, DPE gives high priority to intensive supervision by the department staff.
- According to your major, get in touch with the contact person from the respective Chair:
- Drilling and Completion Engineering
- Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Recovery
- Reservoir Engineering
- Select a topic related to your major. It is not mandatory but recommended to choose a topic focused on the area which will be your elective course during your following master studies.
- A supervisor from the scientific staff, involved in the respective field of study, will be assigned to you. He or she will advise and guide you on your selected topic.
- The standard time frame for the Bachelor’s Thesis is three months, but there is some flexibility in accordance with the advisor, in case of internships, holidays or obligations.
- In the end, you will submit a hard copy of the thesis, which will be graded by the professor of the respective chair.
To be able to select a topic, it is required to:
- Have all courses completed (lectures, labs, etc.) of the first four semesters of the current PE curriculum.
- Course “Petroleum Engineering Workflows, Report Writing and Presentation Skills” from the fifth semester.
Once you have fulfilled all the requirements, you can talk to the contact person to select a topic. This can be done anytime, not just at the beginning of the semester.
For detailed information consult the PDF Guidelines at Downloads.
Dipl.-Ing. Anton Lettner
Drilling and Completion Engineering
Dipl.-Ing. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.mont. Clemens Langbauer
Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Recovery
Siroos Azizmohammadi, PhD
How can I get a version of the DPE logo and official thesis template?
It is recommended to use a thesis template of DPE including the logo on the cover which can be found at Downloads. Please note that the utilization of the official logo is strictly regulated. Get in touch with Office Manager Patrizia Haberl to discuss any use case besides the official template.
More questions? Ask Office Manager Patrizia Haberl!